For admitting a child in the school, parents are required to fill an application form(link given below) and submit in the office. Both the parents are then invited to a counselling session by the correspondent on a particular day. The counselling sessions aims to enlighten the parents about the Montessori philosophy and the practices followed in the school. After the counselling session, parents can observe the environments and then take a decision about joining their child. Parent should pay the required fee to admit/ reserve ( depending up on the age) a place in the environment for their child.
Selection for a place at pragnya Montessori School is based on the following criteria:
- Suitability for the school as determined by the correspondent taking into consideration:the intention of the parents to complete 3 year cycles
- Of current students
- Of past pupils who completed the 3-year cycle
- Age and sex balance in waiting list order.
- Acceptance of the Montessori philosophy and principles by the parents and willingness to participate in its implementation.
- Parent participation in school
- Admissions are based on first come first serve.
Rules and Regulations
- Age of admission:
- Primary: 2.5 to 3 years of age
- Elementary: 6 years of age
- Erdkinder: 12 Years of age (7th Class)
- Time of Admission:Admissions are done through out the year
- Course duration:
- Primary – 2.5 to 6 years
- Lower Elementary – 6 to 9 years (Equivalent to Grade I – III)
- Upper Elementary – 9 to 12 years (Equivalent to Grade IV to VI)
- Erdkinder – 12 to 16 years (Equivalent to Grade VII to X)
- For the first few days, the child stays only for 1 hour, i.e. till he/she settles down in our environment. During these days an adult should accompany the child.
- The school works five days a week from Monday to Friday.
- Working hours:
- For 2.5 to 4 year old’s in the primary, the child will be staying for half-a-day i.e., form 8:30AM to 12.00PM.
- For the 4 to 6 year old’s in the primary, the child will stay for a full day i.e., from 8:30AM to 2:00PM.
- The working hours for Elementary and Erdkinder is from 8:30AM to 3:30PM.
- There is no particular school dress, but the child should be dressed in a simple and comfortable way.
- A small basket, having a spare set of clothes and a water bottle (without straw) which the child can carry, is to be sent along with the child apart from a clean handkerchief.
- The parents are welcome to visit the school or observe their child working, with prior permission taken.
- Holidays: Saturdays and Sundays are observed as holidays. All the public holidays are observed as holidays for the school. Any special holiday will be intimated.
- The child should maintain regular attendance, which pays a vital role in this system of education. Poor attendance will obstruct the progress of the child.
- Parent-teacher meeting will be conducted on Saturdays twice a year with prior appointment from the directress.
- Parents are requested to clearly understand that this method of education does not go hand in hand with the traditional system, so do not compare this child of ours with any other child of the same age group. If you trust us and our method of education and work in complete cooperation with us, your child will be able to attain total self-development, without any hindrance in this progress
The greatness of the human personality begins at the hour of birth. From this almost mystic affirmation there comes what may seem a strange conclusion: that education must start from birth. And so we discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being
Dr. Maria Montessori